Membership includes a full listing on the SSLA website SuperiorSmallLodging.com
Visibility on the Search Results Page
- Iconic photo
- Short description
- Special discounts/Hot Deals if any
- White Glove icon, if applicable
- TripAdvisor Review score
- Link to full property profile
Property Profile Page
- Unlimited images and videos
- Google map and Street View
- TripAdvisor Reviews in real time
- Feature Listing “Our Properties”
Property Consultation Program
Two of the basic questions of travelers before choosing to stay at a small, independent lodging are, “Is it clean?” and “Is it secure?”
- Annual inspection by a professional hospitality consultant from an independent inspection company. In addition to the housekeeping inspection, the consultant will make suggestions based on trends and experience, that are designed to help you up your game and improve the guest experience.
- If you achieve a score of 100% for the inspection you will earn the coveted White Glove Award.
White Glove Award
- You will receive a detailed report of the consultant’s findings, detailing your property’s strengths and weaknesses, allowing you to take your property to the next level
- Should your property not receive the required score, you will be eligible to participate in the Superior Small Lodging Hotel Improvement Program (HIP) where you will have access to consultants and industry mentoring to help you correct the issues and improve your property.
The inspection process is a very powerful tool that can assist you in identifying your strengths and possible weaknesses so that your property always meets and exceeds your guests’ expectations.
White Glove Award
The White Glove Award is given to those members who have a 100% score for the annual inspection.
- A plaque for your front desk
- An icon for your website and marketing efforts
- The right to call your property a Certified White Glove Award Hotel.
Membership to FRLA and Visit Florida
Florida Restaurant and Lodging Association (FRLA)
As a member of SSL, you are automatically a member of FRLA and are entitled to all political and educational tools available.
Membership to FRLA and Visit Florida
Members of SSL receive a $100 discount on VisitFlorida membership (a $295 value).
- Enhanced listing on VisitFlorida.com and in the Florida Guidebook
- Key icon signifying SSL membership appears next to your name
- All members of SSL receive a simple profile on VisitFlorida.com
- SSL members who are also members of VisitFlorida receive an enhanced listing.
- News You Can Use, the SSLF Monthly newsletter
- Timely Emails
- Messages from the Executive Director
Discounted Marketing & Advertising
- Members of the Superior Small Lodging Association receive negotiated discounted rates for Pay Per Click advertising on travel sites such as attraveldeals.com.
- Discounts have been negotiated for SSL members at the following marketing/advertising venues:
- Resorts & Lodging
- Florida Backroads Travel
- Sherman’s Travel
- Budget Travel
- Authentic Florida
Co-op Marketing & Advertising
During the year many co-op marketing opportunities become available for SSL members both regionally and state-wide. This allows our members to participate in marketing and advertising that you might not be able to afford on your own. Pay attention to the emails that you receive to make sure that you don’t miss the opportunity that is right for you.
Marketing Alliances & Partnerships
Google Business Listing – My Business Listing
- Google listing verification: FREE for SSL members
- 25% discount on all services
- Keyword Tracking and Monthly reporting for influence of Business Listing visibility
- Upload all location specific information and branded content, such as business photos, location URL’s, operating hours and service areas
- Category grouping, synchronization and optimization
- Creation of targeted “Collections” on Google listing
- Monthly reporting for each location’s analytics and stats
- Ongoing consultation for On-site SEO and other growth opportunities
Evolve Vacation Rental Management
For smaller properties who use vacation rental networks
- Management of these channels for a 10% commission
- No cost to join
- No long-term commitment
Discounted Rates with Allied Member Vendors
Superior Small Lodging negotiates special rates with our Allied Members for goods and services you need for
the management of your property. Types of goods and services include:
- Logo’d items
- Restoration Services
- Bedding and Linens
- Toiletry Items
Superior Small Lodging members have an enormous advantage over the go-it-alone small lodging properties. Working as collective makes members’ years of experience available to other members.
You will enjoy:
- Educational seminars
- Social gatherings
- Charitable events
- Award luncheons
- Meet and Greets
- The Annual Conference
These are just a few opportunities to network with other members and other industry partners to discuss the latest trends or favorite vendor opportunities.
Member Lodging Discount Program
Enjoy Stay-Cations at participating Superior Small Lodging properties around Florida at reduced rates. Available to all SSL members and their employees.
No room at the Inn? Have a guest traveling to a different part of the state? Superior Small Lodging members are encouraged to refer from within. You can confidently refer a guest to another member property and support your fellow SSL members.
“Give Back” and Emergency Disaster Plan
Superior Small Lodging “Gives Back” Program
- Charitable room night donations giveaways
- Annual Open House Toy Drive
- Humane Society – Pet Friendly Hotels - STEP UP
Emergency Disaster Plan
The Superior Small Lodging Emergency Disaster Program can assist keeping you notified of emergency situations and assist in putting a plan in place.
- Do you have an emergency disaster plan in place?
- Do you know what to do during a mandatory evacuation to protect your property and yourself?
- Do you know how to support your neighbors in a disaster without creating a financial hardship on your business?
- Do you know what to do or who to call first if your property suffers damage during a disaster?
Support at the Local Level
Destination Marketing Organizations around the state are tremendous supporters of the Superior Small Lodging Association. Get involved with local SSL members and take a leading role in advocating for the small, independent property in your destination. Use the power of the co-op to market on a destination level.